The most important German study visa papers

general information

To obtain a study visa from the German embassy in the country in which you currently live, you must secure a set of documents and papers before the embassy appointment.
Below we will mention to you the most important papers and requirements that the embassy requires from each person who wishes to apply for a study visa:

Passport (original + two copies)

to be

  • Signed by the passport holder.
  • The passport is less than 10 years old.
  • Valid for at least 6 months.
  • It has at least two blank pages.
  • undamaged.
  • Copies of previous visas, if any.

National visa application form (two copies)

Applications must be completely filled out in German or English and signed.

Security declaration and statement of consent to communicate by e-mail (number 2)

Each applicant must sign the security declaration and fill out a statement of consent to communicate by e-mail, which you can find on most German embassies’ websites under the “Visa for Long Term Residence” category, in the “Forms and Applications” field.

personal photos

Two personal photos must be submitted for each applicant, provided that they are recent (not more than 6 months old) with a white background, according to the conditions of the embassy shown on its website.


بقيمة 75 يورو للفئة العمرية من 18 سنة فما فوق.

Acceptance papers from the university (original + two copies)

Proof of joining the university to study a specific specialization and an indication of the study period:

Unconditional Acceptance (Final Acceptance)


Conditional admission by passing the preparatory year or passing a German language course, for example.

When applying for conditional admission, proof of the ability to meet the university’s requirements must be attached. For example, proof of enrollment in the preparatory year or registration for an intensive German language course.

Motivational letter (3 copies)

The application must be supported by a motivation letter, explaining the reasons for wanting to study in Germany, for example, provided that it is drafted by the applicant, and written in German or English.

Curriculum vitae (original + two copies)

A complete CV of the applicant must be attached, written in German or English.

Previous university and school certificates (original + two copies)

You must provide proof of eligibility to study at a German university, such as your high school diploma (baccalaureate or Tawjihi) or your university degree. And whether this certificate is recognized or not, you can verify this by searching the database of the Uni-Assist website, which specializes in school certificates or diplomas.

Study finance

When submitting study applications, it is necessary to prove the financial ability to finance the study. If you plan to study in Germany for more than a year, you need to prove how to finance the expenses and expenses of the first academic year only. So that your balance is at least 10,236 euros, equivalent to 853 euros per month.
Below you will find the available options for securing study funding:

Closed bank account

By opening a closed account in one of the German financial institutions or banks that provide this service, then transfer the amount and the capacity of 10,236 euros, excluding bank fees. The maximum monthly withdrawal is 853 euros.

Financial aid

The sponsor residing in Germany pledged before the relevant foreigners’ department in his place of residence, his commitment to the costs of the student’s study (the visa applicant). The guarantee must include specifying its purpose (study).


By submitting a letter confirming obtaining the scholarship, provided that it includes information on the expected duration of study, and the academic performance required to maintain the scholarship.

Proof of language proficiency (original + two copies)

When submitting study applications, proof of language proficiency and knowledge of German or English language skills that qualify you to study in Germany are required. For the majors and courses to be studied in German, a language certificate for level A2 according to the Common European Reference Standards for Languages must be attached. You are free to choose the institute or center to learn the language, provided that the certificate is recognized and issued by an institute authorized to issue language proficiency certificates.

As for the courses to be studied in English, a recognized English language certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL must be attached.